Christmas 2014, Christmas ad 2014, Christmas adverts 2014, Debenhams Christmas Advert 2014, Follow the Fairies, Harrods Christmas Advert 2014, I found It!, John Lewis Chirstmas Advert 2014, M&S christmas advert 2014, Monty the penguin, The Gingerbread Stall, Waitrose Christmas Advert 2014
So here it is – my top 5 Christmas adverts 2014.
1. Let’s start with Harrods that has never done Christmas Advert before, but stuck to the January Sales advert. The ad will only air in London cinemas (and of course on urbanlife, hahaha) The Land of Make Believe – A Little Christmas Tail
2. Debenhams – Found It! Music by Paul McCartney and the Frog Chorus – “We All Stand Together” This year, no glamour but a bunch of tots running around a Debenhams store.
3. Waitrose and its video The Gingerbread Stall with a nice idea of using Dolly Parton’s cover of “Try” by the choir made of members of the public – Donate Your Voice Choir. All of Waitrose’s profits from the sale of the track will go to charity.There is also behind the scenes video here.
4. And last but not least, two absolute winners. First, John Lewis – launched as a first and reached 4 million YouTube views in just 24 hours. Beautiful soundtrack: John Lennon’s “Real Love” by Tom Odell.
5. My personal winner: Marks & Spencer’s “Follow The Fairies” with the music Fly Me to the Moon, sung by Julie London.
I must say I’m missing Whiskas type of heart-warming adverts… And IKEA Christmas advert is missed this year. However £20 coupon when you buy an IKEA real Christmas tree for £25 (coming up on 28 November) does compensate for the loss a little bit.